I am trying out this layout for my meal planning.
So the system I'm trying out:
- inventory freezer so I don't plan something I don't have.
- Figure out 6-8 meals to cook for the month.
- I wanted the plan to be flexible without a lot of scribbles and cross offs, which using post it notes is a beautiful idea (probably got it from Pinterest). I wrote the meal down on the post it notes and placed them into the corresponding week I thought would feel like cooking it.
- When I do my weekly layout I pull those appropriate post it's and place them in the box "In The Kitchen" part of my weekly. I have changed my mind on what to cook 3x!
- Once I have cooked the meal I place the post it note back in the meal plan spread in the box marked "Cooked"
- Add the meals to the freezer inventory and how many is available.
So far it's working. As I have changed my mind so many times on weeklies on whether I felt like cooking and what I felt like eating, the use of the post it notes have really helped. No more scratching off, migrating, or ignoring it.
What do you do for meal planning? How do you keep track? Please let me know! Any ideas or tips would be GREAT!