Friday, May 8, 2015

Birthday In A Box

Sorry I have been missing in action. Again, I won't bore you with the details...

My Aunt Francine is having a birthday coming up. She will be turning 67, and as she says maybe one day she will grow up. I love her to pieces. She tells you like it is and if you want her opinion, boy, she'll give it!

My uncle is in the oil business, and with the drop in prices, has lost his job. They are very frugal and do not live anywhere close to an extravagant (or even middle class) lifestyle but with their medical bills, this is a HUGE issue, sadly, not one they haven't dealt with before. Needless to say, they BOTH need some cheering up and prayers.

I made her some little gifts, small (useful) things to cheer her up. For her, if it doesn't  have a purpose, why have it?  Here is her Birthday in a box:
 Towel Holder
 Book Marker
 Small Birthday Banner
  Homemade Party Favor
 Towel Holder In Action
Book Marker In Action


Adding candles and individually wrapped cupcakes and we are good to go!

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a crocheted party banner like that before! What a lovely idea and a thoughtful gift... Those bookmarks also really caught my eye... They look like something i'd unconsciously twirl around my fingers or play around with while i'm reading... like a little blanket for the fingers!! hehe

    I love your ideas and creativity, thank you for the inspirations! :) :)

    ~ℜ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, the bookmark was one of the first things I learned to crochet 40 years ago. I had forgotten how much fun they were to make, and play with ;)

    Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated and I try very hard to reciprocate!