Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Solar Oven

Thought maybe would want a look at my solar oven. This is a very simple one I have hobbled together, and it works, so am not going to mess with it until have everything together to make a "permanent" one :)


Simply lined an old cooler with foil, that silver thing is a stand to put smaller pots on to raise to the middle, and my dutch oven that I mostly use. The dutch oven I can just place inside (without the silver stand) and put what I want to cook inside it - even another pan or mason jars, place the lid on and I don't have to worry about burning anything! Put the window on and walk away... I LOVE cooking this way!

4 comments:

  1. I helped kinda!! Haha! With the glass anyways :) love you mom ;)
    -your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I hope mine works... I mean, it has to, I live in Greece for crying out loud. Tomorrow I'm going to set it up at 7am in the hopes that the early morning sunlight is better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated and I try very hard to reciprocate!