Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week 4 of the 52 Week Crochet Challenge

Week 4's Challenge is "How did you learn to crochet or who taught you?"

I learned to crochet from my great grandmother.


She taught me all kinds of things, but when I sit down and crochet I always remember her and have to smile. The first stitch she taught me was the chain stitch when I was 4. and I learned that quick! I had a chain stitch going from one end of the house to the other!



Once I showed her how well I knew how to do it (I am sure it was more along the lines of once she was tired of constantly tripping over the chain.) She showed me how to make a granny square, which to this day is my favorite motif.

From that point on I was always crocheting something!

How did you learn to crochet? Do you have any fond memories of learning a craft? crochet, knitting, sewing, music, cooking?

EW

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful - I adore the photos. I wanted to post my nana's pic but didn't have time to dig it out. You're gg was pretty and I know she was proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very glad I have such fond memories of her, I feel very fortunate, and being a grandmother now I can relate to how she must have felt to have someone interested in her also. So I am sure your Nana thoroughly enjoyed you too :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great story. I am sure you have many wonderful memories of her. I love to look at older pictures like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do have many fond memories with her :)

      Delete
  3. Hi...challenge52 is great isn't it?.....loving and learning lots already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - me too! And I love visiting everyone's blogs and pages!

      Delete
  4. Lovely story, and such great photos

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated and I try very hard to reciprocate!